Saturday, April 1, 2023

I am now a Playwright!

 







    You’re invited to the wonderful and amazing play based on myself and my dear English friend. It’s a true story about two women who began writing as childhood friends, raised families, and still maintained their close relationship until the passing of half of the duo-friendship. It’s about us: Chris and me.  

    Think of LOVE LETTERS.  

    This play is about myself, Barb, and a woman from England, Chris, who wrote to each other for about fifty-five years. We met five times. Chris first visited me and my family in Bemidji in 1981. I visited her alone a few years later, then my husband and I traveled to England and stayed for a few days. Another thirty years passed before I traveled to England again. After that, I visited her twice. The final time, we took a vacation together and traveled to Baths and Stratford Upon Avon. When she passed away in January 2019, I knew I would have to honor her and our friendship. I began to write a play. It seemed right since I write books. It took me a good year or longer before it was acceptable to present to the local community theater. 

     I will direct CORRESPONDING LIVES! It will be produced at the Bemidji Community Theater in downtown Bemidji. The dates are-May 12,13,14,19,20, and 21, 2023. The 14 and 21 are matinees.  

                            Phone # 218-766-0753 

                          Bemidji Community Theater 

           316 Beltrami Avenue 




 

Bemidji, MN 56601

No comments:

Post a Comment