Friday, March 1, 2024

Ideas and where do they come from?


    When I first taught special education in McIntosh, MN, I carpooled with two other people. In the morning, driving northwest on highway 2, we never saw the peacocks. As we drove home at the end of the school day, peacocks strut their stuff at the edge of the long driveway. The landowners were farmers. I always thought it a bit odd to see peacocks in basically the middle of nowhere, but didn't think much of it.

    As a child, we had a green parakeet for a short time. It didn't take my mom long before it drove her nuts and my brother and I had to find another home for it. Someone gave my mom a bird just like it many years later but she didn't keep it long.

    Growing up, my parents took us fishing. We lived in Minneapolis so it was a treat to go north to Red Lake to fish. We also had relatives who lived on lakes. Dad loved fishing and so did Mom. I always did and so have my brothers and now my children and grandchildren.

    One day it hit me--why not write a book that will include fishing, writing and birds? Seriously, why not?

     My first book in the series, THE FORGER.  An Experienced Goods Detective Squad Mystery.  I'm sure that you'll love it and if you do, please leave a review.  



                                     Barb's Books.                         THE FORGER

4 comments: